When it comes to looking after ourselves, most of us treat symptoms when they appear instead of managing our lifestyle to prevent them from occurring. Stress management is one such issue that stops us from working effectively and enjoying time out of the office, yet most of us don’t prevent overload until it’s too late.
Susie Hopkins is an expert on stress management, she knows exactly what the weight of stress feels like whether it be stress from work, family, or your own expectations. Susie’s reaction to the stress in her life was to learn how to manage them, and based on the knowledge she built from her journey, she established Lilo Wellness, a science-based stress management business.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, we discuss techniques to deal with the hurdles life throws our way. Susie’s own stress-inducing journey from nurse to small business owner is one of many examples she uses to explain why we get stressed, what the consequences are, and how we can both manage and prevent stress.
“My name is Susie Hopkins and I’m a recovering stress-head. Stress does affect me but I have now developed skills to deal with it.”
Listen now to the full episode:
In this episode on stress management, you will learn:
- How our weaknesses present opportunities to learn and perform with passion
- Why short courses are worth considering for your professional education
- The importance of business communities for your personal ventures
- To have awareness of our internal thinking and our external practices
- What elements of our society and business cultures that contribute to stress
- How productivity is affected by overload and stress
- Why we should be intentional with our sleep, work, and play
- The best methods to habituate practices that decrease stress, and increase the quality of life
“What stops you from doing the things you know are good for you? What would it take? Would it take you getting really sick?”
Considering starting your own podcast? At Narrative Marketing, we deliver a full range of podcast production services. Or if you’d like help getting started to produce your own content, I also deliver podcast training programs.
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US firstname.lastname@example.org