Nightlife evokes thoughts of fun and entertainment. Unfortunately sometimes nightlife fun, can end badly. First aid isn’t always on hand, ambulances don’t always make it in time, and young people may not call paramedics for fear of being judged or getting in trouble. So how does this scenario lead to startup success?
Mathew D’Onofrio, a Forbes listed 30-under-30 entrepreneur, is a trained nurse and St John’s Ambulance volunteer. Whilst volunteering, he recognised the gap at events and parties where timely first aid, that is accessible to youth, is needed. To fill this void, Mathew created Nightlife First-Aid.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, Mathew talks us through his journey from helping his friends at parties, to overcoming abuse, building a business, and saving lives. Mathew’s development has inspired him to share his tips on learning, mental health, and following your passion.
“It’s like walking up a staircase where each step you take, lights up the next step. It’s only when you take these steps that you can look down and see how far you’ve come.”
Listen now to the full episode:
In this episode on startup success, you will learn:
- To look for opportunities that present themselves in your existing work
- How resilience, sacrifice, and persistence are life skills that transfer into business
- Why adversity and challenges present opportunities to learn and grow
- How to approach startup success and entrepreneurship without prior knowledge
- Pathways to achieve startup success; think beyond formal education
- Self esteem strategies in a world where worth is sometimes confusing
- Why volunteering your time helps develop your skills, your health, and keeps you connected to others
- Confidence takes practice but that persisting on building your confidence is an invaluable life skill
“If you’re so passionate about what you do, be confident in your knowledge and in what you’re doing. Being slightly nervous means you’re doing something great.”
Considering starting your own podcast? At Narrative Marketing, we deliver a full range of podcast production services. Or if you’d like help getting started to produce your own content, I also deliver podcast training programs.
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US email@example.com