Startup incubators are catalysts for change. While they don’t develop the ideas or make the deals to turn those ideas into reality, they provide a space to nurture the people who have the drive to do great things. So who gets behind a startup incubator and how do you become a catalyst for others?
Jason Neave is the inspirational Director of the Moonshine Laboratory, an incubator born of passion out of the Distillery, the digital marketing agency of which Jason is the Managing Director. Through his experience developing business strategies, positioning products, and in developing his own startup Punt Club, Jason is very fluent in the language of entrepreneurs.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, a story of pursuit and passion, Jason describes the difficulty of fostering innovation, and how a startup incubator can help this. Between speaking client dialect, changing customer behaviour, and driving growth by investing in himself, Jason shares many valuable lessons.
“There’s very few ideas that are unique… Brutal honesty, sometimes it’s not what you want to hear but it’s accurate.”
Listen now to the full episode:
In this episode on marketing and startup incubator, you will learn:
- That passion informs ideas, and you can choose to invest in them
- The value at hiring someone to do a job better than you can
- Digital projects are never done, websites can always be updated and apps can use more code
- How to sell your solution to change minds and behaviours
- Honesty as a policy for effective communication for clients and within a business
- The importance of data for you marketing goals
- Being realistic about whether your product is “better enough” to find a place in the market
- The thinking behind incubators and the satisfaction of contributing to the startup community
“Don’t promise anything you can’t OVER-deliver on. Managing expectation is a good attribute.”
Considering starting your own podcast? At Narrative Marketing, we deliver a full range of podcast production services. Or if you’d like help getting started to produce your own content, I also deliver podcast training programs.
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US email@example.com