Moving from the academic to commercial sector is daunting, as the transition from research and testing, to selling in a competitive market, involves a steep learning curve. Michelle Perugini, is one example who has made the transition from academic science, to successful startup business.
Combining a background as a stem cell biologist with the rising power of artificial intelligence, has seen Michelle become a leading technology innovator. She sold her first startup business to Ernst & Young in 2015, and then went on to Co-Found, Life Whisperer, a technology company that uses AI to better select healthy embryos for IVF.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, Michelle talks us through the challenges of startup business, she shares her experiences as an entrepreneur creating products in international markets and we discuss how she finds happiness and meaning in working hard.
“Everyone needs purpose, work that is difficult or requires you to extend yourself to achieve, can provide your purpose.”
Listen now to Michelle’s full episode to hear how to build your small business in commercial markets:
In this episode on startup business, you will learn:
- How to overcome the fear of starting new business ventures
- Why South Australian and Australia generally, needs more accessible capital venture
- Challenges of entering the commercial sphere
- How AI is used (or misused) to improve efficiency in business
- What is involved in taking new products to market locally and internationally
- How networking and industry conferences are integral to growth
- Why selling your business is bittersweet, and how to approach leaving your creation
- How to navigate deal making to maximise sales and access to potential markets
“Follow your passion, be your best, and succeed through maintaining your credibility.”
If you’re based in South Australia and would like to hear from Michelle in person – then head along to SouthStart Conference where she joins the line up of stella entrepreneurs speaking at this awesome event!
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
Want more business tips and brand storytelling tricks, or how to’s to help you do your job? We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE to the blog here or by using the ‘storytelling superpowers’ form on the right.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US email@example.com.