What better way to celebrate our 200th podcast episode than with a fellow South Australian storytelling superhero, JP Drake. Creator of the popular LinkedIn video series Retail Wrap, which earned him LinkedIn Australia Top Voice 2019, he also recently launched a podcast, helping him to share his passion for storytelling in retail marketing.
JP Drake is the charismatic Director of Drakes Supermarkets. Known for his open, honest and transparent approach to storytelling, his personal YouTube channel took off during the COVID19 crisis when his Un-Australian Hoarder video reached half a million views (and counting).
In episode 200 of Be The Drop, JP discusses his mission to disrupt the supermarket industry by “doing the right thing, telling the truth and being honest”. He also shares numerous ‘from the frontline’ COVID19 stories and reveals his top tips for storytelling in retail marketing.
“Good storytellers stand out in a crowd. It’s hard to ignore someone who’s passionate.“
In this episode on storytelling in retail marketing, you will learn:
- The immense power of the big supermarket players in the retail and wider food industry
- In Australia, for every $100 you spend in any sort of retail, $80 goes to Coles & Woollies
- The story behind the success of LinkedIn video series Retail Wrap
- The power of LinkedIn video for reaching an executive audience
- Anecdotes about the so-called “COVID rush” from the retailer’s perspective
- Some examples of how JP has used video to engage with and empower staff
- Some incredible stories illustrating the craziness of COVID19 and the “toilet paper wars”
- How Drakes used storytelling to celebrate and promote their suppliers
“We want to deliver the things the customer wants. We’re listening more than ever before.”
Are you an Australian entrepreneur who is considering starting your own podcast? At Narrative Marketing, we deliver a full range of podcast production services. Or if you’d like help getting started to produce your own content, I also deliver podcast training programs.
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US firstname.lastname@example.org