TED Talks deliver “ideas worth sharing” but what makes one presentation more captivating than others? Have you ever wondered how to communicate with impact? When information is presented to us, it’s difficult to remember a string of facts, instead, people connect and empathise through the use of story, to teach knowledge and impart wisdom.
Jon Yeo, Curator and Licensee of TEDxMelbourne, is a communication expert, a facilitator of growth, and an entrepreneur. Jon has a rich history of helping leaders engage their followers, and for developing speakers to present both TED Talks and business presentations.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, Jon explains why we need good communication skills and how to communicate with impact. He shares real examples and relatable analogies to show how stories affect us, and how we can don’t do our pitches justice without them.
“As communicators, it’s less about our information, and more about human connection and relevance to the audience.”
Listen now to the full episode:
In this episode on how to communicate, you will learn:
- How to base your pitch on a clear mission that is relevant to your listener
- To cultivate intrigue by accounting for individuality with your audience
- Why stories and interaction are important for any type of communication
- How to makes your communication style appealing
- Why you should consider content, context, and intent in your speech
- The importance of tribal fandom and loyalty for brands
- What makes an inspiring presentation in and outside the TED conference space
- How to make a statement that people remember and can repeat to others
“We’re biologically inclined to tell stories. Storytelling is not just telling something in a certain way, it’s about observing and understanding the audience and interacting with them.”
Considering starting your own podcast? At Narrative Marketing, we deliver a full range of podcast production services. Or if you’d like help getting started to produce your own content, I also deliver podcast training programs.
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US email@example.com