Graphic design is an in-demand business skill, it can be expensive and the population of people qualified and capable of doing good graphic design is small. Canva is a tool that democratises design, the service allows users online access to a library of well designed components, and gives them a canvas to piece their design together.
Cameron Adams is the Co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Canva, a man set on eradicating poor and lazy design by distributing a platform that is easily accessible. With his experience in user experience design and involvement in big projects for Google, Cameron’s connections and expertise have helped him to shape the success of Canva.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, Cameron discusses his journey from working for corporates to creating a startup and launching an International platform. Cameron reveals how Canva generates website traffic, enhances the user experience and how the journey of business growth is complicated and gradual.
“Understand yourself. Know what you’re good at and what you’re not, then find others to fill in the gaps.”
Listen now to the full episode:
In this episode with Cameron on Canva, you will learn:
- The inspiration behind allowing the masses to engage with graphic design
- What considerations should be made when developing a team for a project
- How user experience design is important even when the product is easy to use
- The benefits of organic traffic, and how to achieve organic traffic to your website
- How to deal with growth, and what challenges are faced in growing globally
- What ambitions are practical and expectations are reasonable in business
- How tapping into the right market initially is a crucial basis for extending reach
- Professional development involved in maintaining innovation and continued adaptability
“We didn’t start with a master plan to create a product for three billion people and generate loads of money.”
If you love podcasting but don’t know where to start, then check out my FIRST EVER Adelaide Fringe Event where I’ll take you on a creative journey and give the opportunity to join me on a live recorded podcast episode if you want to!
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.