The Adelaide Fringe Festival is a hugely successful example of an open access arts festival, that is recognised Internationally as one of the best. Adelaide Fringe not only supports the local arts industry but also attracts both National and Internal artists and visitors. A proud South Australian organisation, the team will coordinate 1300 shows in 2019 and are looking to beat the tickets sales of 700,000 tickets in 2018!
Heather Croall is the Director and CEO of the Adelaide Fringe, and has over 20 years experience in the creative industries, making films, running workshops, and directing festivals. She has a wealth of expertise in the arts industry and understands the in and outs of how to build a successful festival.
In today’s episode of Be The Drop, Heather recounts some history of the Adelaide Fringe Festival, she shares her insights on why it has succeeded to become the world’s second largest fringe festival and we also discuss how to approach website design and communications, to not only engage but also drive ticket sales.
“People don’t like stepping out of their comfort zone, but amazing things can emerge from being uncomfortable.”
Listen now to Heather’s full episode to hear insights from building a successful Festival:
In this episode about the Adelaide Fringe and learn:
- The difference between co-creation and collaboration, and how to use these to develop your business and team
- What can be learnt from dealing with discomfort in the professional space
- How marketing sales is less effective than engaging marketing strategies
- What user centred design can do for your audience’s experience
- How using technology to your advantage can make a sophisticated and user friendly system of communication
- Why developing relationships with alike businesses can be hugely beneficial
- What benefits can be found from data analysis for stakeholders and stockholders
- How to reflect on your business and systems from an outside perspective
“Co-creation is about encouraging people who may not be experienced enough to lead, and developing them to take on those roles in the future.”
If you love podcasting but don’t know where to start, then check out my FIRST EVER Adelaide Fringe Event where I’ll take you on a creative journey and give the opportunity to join me on a live recorded podcast episode if you want to!
If you’ve got any questions or feedback about this episode, I’d love to hear your comments! Want more? Join our FREE Facebook Group where we provide tools and resources to help you supercharge your digital storytelling content.
For subscription and channel details and links, scroll to the bottom.
The Be The Drop podcast is brought to you by Narrative Marketing, the Brand Storytelling Superheroes!
Want more business tips and brand storytelling tricks, or how to’s to help you do your job? We release new content each week!
SUBSCRIBE to the blog here or by using the ‘storytelling superpowers’ form on the right.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube here for the full interview video, behind the scenes, bloopers & more.
CONTACT US firstname.lastname@example.org.